Frequently Asked Questions
Is recreational cannabis legal and can I buy it from you?
- While Proposition 64 passed making recreational use of cannabis legal for anyone over 21, the full regulations and licensing for sales of cannabis have not been developed or gone into effect yet. Right now we can only provide medical cannabis delivery to valid medical marijuana patients in California. This should change at the beginning of 2018!
How do I join Goddess Delivers and receive a medical marijuana delivery?
- Before we can fulfill any medical marijuana delivery orders you have placed, you must join our collective as a patient and submit your medical marijuana recommendation. It’s easy to join! Sign up now and enter in all the information as prompted. Once you have submitted your medical marijuana patient information, you can select whatever cannabis products you like, proceed to check out, and submit your delivery and donation information.
Is medical cannabis legal?
- Medical cannabis use and possession is legal in California as long as the individual has a medical marijuana recommendation from a physician and is a California resident. Cannabis is a controlled substance according to the federal government, but the current US Justice Department has stated it will respect state law regarding legal medical marijuana patients and legal medical marijuana delivery.
What is a medical marijuana recommendation? How can I get a medical marijuana recommendation?
- A California physician can recommend the use of medical marijuana for treating a wide number of health problems usually related to managing pain, anxiety, inflammation, muscle spasm or seizures, nausea, and/or appetite for a resident of California. The medical marijuana recommendation allows us to verify that a patient can legally possess/use medical marijuana and can receive medical marijuana deliveries. You can visit HelloMD for easy, legal, online recommendations or renewals. You can also find a physician in your area for in-person visits.
How do I show you my medical marijuana recommendation/prove my patient status to receive a medical marijuana delivery?
- The easiest way is to follow the steps in our registration process that includes an option to upload a scan or photograph of your ID and medical marijuana recommendation. We use this to verify with the listed doctor your patient status (something we are required to do) before sending out a medical marijuana delivery. We are happy to help if you have any issues! Just give us a call toll free at 1-855-426-5246 or e-mail us at email@example.com. If you’re having trouble scanning or photographing your documents, you can also fax it to us at 805-319-4040. If you are having trouble uploading a scan or photograph, you can e-mail it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will it take for my medical marijuana delivery to arrive?
- Orders placed anytime before 6:30 PM on weekdays arrive the following business day. Certain rural regions have a cut-off time of 4:30 PM including areas north of Santa Rosa or Sacramento. Your medical marijuana delivery will usually arrive between 6 AM and 5 PM. Packages arriving very early in the morning will generally be placed at your door without a knock. Any orders placed after 6:30 PM will be shipped as soon as possible, but we cannot guarantee your order will arrive the following day. Saturday delivery is available for orders placed on Friday, and orders placed over the weekend going to certain parts of Southern California may be delivered on Monday. For more detailed information about medical marijuana delivery, see Goddess Delivers Shipping Policies.
Are same day medical marijuana deliveries available?
- At this time, same day medical marijuana deliveries are only available for cash donations in Burbank and Glendale. Unfortunately, while we have the capacity to deliver medical cannabis same day in Los Angeles, the city laws do not allow for delivery.
There was a problem with my medical marijuana delivery. Is there a way to track my medical marijuana delivery?
- It is important that you contact us as soon as possible if there is a problem with your medical marijuana delivery. Please call or e-mail us if the delivery has not arrived in the expected window of time. We can track medical marijuana deliveries, help fix possible problems or errors in the delivery, or fix issues with the received medical cannibis products, but we must know within 24 hours of expected medical marijuana delivery to be able to rectify the issue.
Is there anyone that I can talk to about how to treat my specific medical condition?
- We cannot give you medical advice, and we do not have any certified medical professionals on staff. We can give you non-professional opinions and anecdotes on what types of medical marijuana MAY help with whatever you are seeking to treat. It is important to seek professional advice from a physician on how to treat your medical condition with cannabis. We also have a special page on how to medicate with cannabis.
I really like something that you don't carry. Is there any way you could start providing it?
- We love feedback from our patients! If you have any suggestions we will definitely make a genuine effort to research and possibly carrying whatever interests you.
Can I donate cash instead of using a credit card for medical marijuana?
- We accept cash for same day deliveries available in parts of Los Angeles County, but the city of Los Angeles does not currently allow medical marijuana delivery. We require donations by credit or debit card for all overnight medical marijuana delivery orders.
Can I use someone else's credit or debit card for medical marijuana delivery?
- We do not accept donations from third parties. The credit or debit card used to pay for the medical marijuana delivery must be in the patient's name.
Why do you charge a sales tax for medical marijuana?
- The State of California requires that all of the medical cannabis products we offer at Goddess Delivers be taxed at the sales tax rate of the medical marijuana delivery location. The estimated sales tax is a rough approximation of your sales tax owed but may be adjusted up or down according to where you are located once the order is processed.
Are your medical marijuana products free of pesticides and fungicides?
- We try to insure every medical marijuana product we provide on Goddess Delivers is produced in a clean grow and trim environment to prevent exposure to any potential or actually dangerous chemicals and mold. We continually verify the safety and quality of the medical cannabis products we have available. Many of our medical marijuana growers do use organic pest and fungus control methods, but there is no FDA approved specification for organic medical cannabis grows.
I’m worried about submitting personal medical information online.
Do you deliver medical marijuana outside of California?
- We cannot accept any out of state medical marijuana patients, nor can we send medical marijuana out of state under any circumstances.
How do you do returns?
- Because we want to insure the highest quality medical cannabis products we cannot accept returns and all donations are final. If for some reason you are dissatisfied with the service or medical cannabis products you received, please contact us so that we can help address any problems!
Is there a limit on how much medical marijuana I can order from Goddess Delivers?
- Yes. First time patients are limited to medical marijuana deliveries that include no more than 1 oz (28 grams) total of bud their first week with us. Returning patients may order up to 3 oz (84 grams) per week. Hash, honey oil, and other cannabis concentrates are limited to 1/2 oz (14 grams) per order. Large orders of medical marijuana edibles or tinctures are limited by how many we have on hand.
Do you accept medical marijuana patients under 21?
- Our policy is not to accept medical marijuana patients or patient caregivers under 21. If you are under 18, we will need to speak with your medical marijuana patient caregiver and go through a different sign up process. Please give us a call at 855-426-5246 for more details!